Rachel Thompson

Review: Sex and Death in the American Novel by Sarah Martinez

Sex and Death in the American NovelSex and Death in the American Novel by Sarah Martinez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How did you feel about the main character? I liked Vivianna, but felt she did not fully understand the relationship between her parents. She blamed everything on her father.

What did you enjoy about this book? All the heated discussions during the book club. What defines great literature? What makes a book a classic? Just because a book was wrote 50 -100 years ago does not make it a classic.

At the end of the book, do you feel hope for the characters? I feel hope that Vivi, Jasper and Alejandro will live a happy life.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment